Drs. Tyma, Trachtenberg, and Bullock are committed to the health and safety of our patients. Our practice has always adhered to all safety and infection control standards and exceeded requirements recommended by the ADA, OSHA, and local governing bodies. We will continue to meet and exceed new regulations and recommendations regarding COVID-19 to prevent the spread of infection.
COVID-19: new office protocols
Changes You’ll See When Visiting Our Office
- Extended time between patients: Because we are disinfecting exam rooms between each patient, additional time is needed, which means fewer appointments are available each day
- No extra visitors, please: Limiting the number of people in the dental center at one time to practice social distancing.
- Curbside check-in and waiting room: The waiting area is temporarily closed unless you are accompanying someone who needs assistance. If not, we would ask you to wait in your car.
- New barriers: Our front desk has a protective shield to reduce unnecessary contact.
Your dental appointment: what to expect
- You’ll be asked to call the office when you arrive in your car
- You will be asked screening questions again, and someone will take your temperature.
- You must wear a mask to enter the dental center
- All patients must wash their hands with hand sanitizer and use a hydrogen peroxide rinse that we will provide before their procedure
Other reasons to feel safe on your next visit:
- After every patient visit, exam rooms are fogged to eradicate any potential virus particles in the air
- We are constantly measuring the air with a device to ensure all potentially hazardous air particles are absent from our environment
- During your visit, high-speed evacuation technology will suck the air clear of potential viral particles
- We launder all protective gear on site — N-95 mass, faceshields and disposable gowns
- Frequent review of procedures, protocols and new equipment with full dental center team
Infection Control Technology
For your safety during your office visit and dental treatment, we have added infection control and disinfection technology to our practice.
- Fogging: We are using a device to “fog” (it almost looks like misting) every operatory to aid in sanitation after each patient. This allows us to disinfect every surface. The fogging process uses hypochlorous acid, the ingredient that gives bleach it’s ability to clean and disinfect.
- Air quality control: we have installed advanced HEPA filtration air purifiers in all rooms to remove particles that can spread infection.
Questions or concerns?
If you have questions about the changes we have made to protect your health, please feel free to contact our office. We will gladly answer your questions and address any concerns you may have about an upcoming dental visit.